Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?
I think that ethics is the way people decide whats right and what is wrong. Everybody has a different set of ethics. Peoples ethics affect the decisions they make and the things they do on a personal level.

2. What are some of your deepest held values?
My deepest held values are to be yourself no matter what and try to live life the best you can. I don't think anyone should act different under peer pressure. You should always be yourself. I also hate stealing, I never steal anything.


3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
I try to live my life by putting thought into every decision that I make. When I am about to do something I think if it will benefit or effect me or others in a posotive way. I apply that to things that I do, say and pay attention to. If something is negative I try not to pay attention to it. Whatever you put into your mind is what you will get out of it. So I try to filter my mind and only put in posotive things. I also don't get upset easily. I think about situations Im in and most of the time its nothing to fret over if you look at the big picture. I also try to be as honest as possible.

4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
I look for honest and well rounded people. People that will make the right decision more often than not and are loyal to you. I don't like to be around sketchy people that you can't trust. I also like people that are straight forward with you. Even if they say something negative towards me, I would rather have that then someone pretend to like me. I think being straight forward is a good quality but is often taken the wrong way. The people around me also have to have a good sense of humor because I really like sarcasm.

5. How were your values and principles developed?
Well I was brought up in the church so a lot of my values and principles come from a Christian perspective. Over time I have really just learned to trust those values and always seem to get a positive outcome from them. My perspective on life though has changed through trusting or not trusting my values.

6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
As I've gotten older, my perspective on my values and principles have tweeked a little, with some getting stronger and some blurring a little as I expirience new things in my life. I have really learned to just let things be and it will all work itself out.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
I think that I deserve full credit because even though it took me like six hours to finish because I kept getting destracted, I answered all the questions as fully and honeslty as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment