Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1. Were the questions on the Moral Sense Test difficult to answer (psychologically, emotionally, conceptually, technically, etc.)? Why or why not? Do you think your responses to the Moral Sense Test questions were consistent? Does this matter?
Some of them where a little strange to answer just because the person wasn't really doing anything wrong, just kind of wierd. Some of the ones that were kind of tough were if everyone around them did it because thats when social norms and contracts can come into play.

2. Should people always follow the law? Why or why not? When might one be justified in NOT following the law? Give examples.
I don't think people should obey the laws 100 percent of the time. I think under certain circumstances they can be broken and some laws are unreasonable. If some one has been bitten by a poisoness snake I think somebody should be allowed to speed to get them to the hospital. And thier are some wierd laws like you can't eat ice cream while riding a horse on Sunday.

3. In your own words, explain what "social convention" means. Give examples.
I think a social convention is a rule in society that is not written down but is generaly accepted by everyone. Breaking most social conventions is not illegal but can come across as rood or can isolate a person from society. Like if someone doesn't have good hygine or dresses wierd.

4. Should people always follow the conventions of their society? Why or why not? Give examples.
I don't think that people should always follow social conventions because some of them become outdated or are unreasonable. Like people tell me to take my hat off when I'm inside and some times it bothers really old people. But I don't care becasue I really see no logical reason why I should take my hat off inside, so I leave my hat on.

5. Should people always follow their own principles? Why or why not? Give examples.
I think that people should always follow their own principles. If you don't follow your own principles what is the point of having them. Your principles help define you. So if your against say stealing and you let someone talk you into stealing somethng then you are letting someone control who you are.

6. Explain in your own words the difference between socially acceptable, legally acceptable, and morally acceptable.
Something that is socialy is acceptable has to do with culture and what people in that culture accept as normal. Something that is legally accepted is something legislators have determined does not hurt anyone or need to be regulated. Something that is morally acceptable is someone making a thoughtful choice that does not harm anyone else and is not for thier self benefit.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
I think I should get full credit on this assignment. I answered all the questions as fully as I could. I tried to make everything I said relative and support my answers. I also had to mess with that online test for like an hour before I could get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment